Saturday, June 19, 2010

New Cover of Reading: Art and Science of Teaching

I went to the middle school in our district to pick up my summer reading. I picked up the book I had signed up for as a book study and also picked up Robert Marzano's "The Art and Science of Teaching". I went back to sign up online for the Marzano session, however the class registration was not listed anymore. I went ahead and began reading the Marzano book because it is not the one I signed up for. Are you following me yet? I am going to ignore the Social and Emotion book and make sure I know how to teach since I have just been at it for 18+ years.

Ok! Introduction: Pedagogy of Effective Classrooms: 1) Use effective instructional strategies, 2) Use effective management strategies and 3) Use effective classroom curriculum design strategies.

What is effective? Lets see if I can wade through the next 10 chapters. Non-fiction reading so I can start anywhere I want. That's what I tell the students, so lets see if it works for the teacher. I'm going to the section on Establishing or Maintaining classroom rules and procedures since it is the second bullet in the introduction, I'm the second child in my family and this is the second book I should be reading.

Yes, I am going to ignore the other book. The cover is appealing and the Social and Emotional book is appealing. I only chose books with appealing covers. I need to work on finding an unappealing cover later. :) Going to read!

Prepare myself with a question: What will I do to establish and maintain classroom rules and procedures?

No comments:

Post a Comment