Friday, June 18, 2010

Looking Beyond the Cover, a beginning!

As I viewed the environment around me, I continue to believe God provided us with the most appealing environment which gives witness to the blessings in believing his son, in his word and his promises. I wonder how we can look at nature, our friends and neighbors and view their covers and think we know everything just from our first view. I am convinced we only know someone when we listen, discuss and share their experiences, feelings, joys and heartaches.

I love sheep. Black faced sheep, white faced sheep, ewes, rams, lambs, sheep whose fleece shed and sheep whose fleece must be sheared. Sheep from domesticated flocks to sheep who climb mountain trails. The sheep of the southwestern deserts of the U.S. of America to the flocks of the Middle East, African sheep and Scottish Highland flocks. I don't discriminate, I love them all.

Shepherds know their flocks well. Each animal in his care will hear his call and come because they trust his voice. When a wolf or someone unknown to them call, they look and head in the other direction if they don't like what they hear, see or perceive. Sometimes we just look and head in the other direction and never know if the one we met was friend or foe.

Sometimes we must introduce ourselves to the pictures, headings, first 5 pages or more if we want find unique stories to take in and hear what the author intends. Most of the time we have to look beyond the outside of a person to discover the best. We might just find a lovely friend with a boring cover!

I'm on a journey looking for a sheep whom doesn't run at the first hint of the unusual!

No comments:

Post a Comment