Friday, July 23, 2010

Singing Praises to Yeshua


I just spent a week in Abilene at the Singing School at Abilene Christian University. It was the most awesome, spiritual reviving of my soul. The joint purpose of sculpturing your voice to focus in on a true harmony with other singers and praising the Lord is so calming to my spirit. Singing for an hour twice a day and then focusing on the fundamentals of music, sight reading with shape notes, singers workshop and the history of singing/songs in the church wrapped my mind toward God.

Colossians 3:16 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." KJV

The word of Christ dwelling in me richly in all wisdom is most vital in my daily life. So singing the word links me by spirit to God closely. Singing hymns and psalms with a spiritual purpose continually is a wonderful way to keep a smile on your face and meet the day or work with a God-like attitude.

The grace of God dwelling in my soul appears when I allow my body to sing praises to him and Yeshua.

Hebrews 2:12 "saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee." KJV

I would recommend this Singing School at Abilene Christian University to any man or woman who loves to sing and wants to improve their voice in song to bring praises to God. http://www.singingschool.org/ The Singing School's next years date is July 10th.

I will always have issues with women leading singing in a congregation, however, learning to pitch your voice and blending in with a group of believers to sing praises to the Lord is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment