Thursday, October 7, 2010

Desert of Judah


Today I feel kind of like King David, except my desert is near to the city where I work. [When he (David) was in the Desert of Judah.] "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.”- Psalms 63:1 I can always tell when I am not immersing myself with God's word, for there appears a void or a large gap of my waking time where I feel myself wandering. So I imagine this happens to everyone at sometime or the other. But I find my self drawn sometimes into a void which I know prayer or reading the word would keep me away from.


I have begun to read the word twice or three times a day. I have made goals to pray and sing so my spirit does not grow weary. Keeping busy doesn't help, so I just remember to sing the word! "I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also." I Corinthians 14:15 Understanding God's voice is speaking to me through the medium of prayer and song appears to help me keep perspective. :)


Picture: Judean Desert, Isreal Wonders, Geographic Regions www.goisreal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment